Academic Technical Sales Consultant
Location: Huntersville, NC | Department: Sales | Type: Full-time
Who We Are
IMPLAN is the leading provider of economic impact data and analytical software. For over 40 years, IMPLAN has helped analysts learn how economies function, examine the economic consequences of projects within a region, and even measure the economic contributions of specific industries or firms. By pairing classic input-output analysis and regional social accounting matrices (SAMs) with software solutions, IMPLAN provides users with the most trusted, accurate, and adaptable model for performing specialized economic impact analyses.
Who We Need
We are currently looking for an Academic Technical Sales Consultant with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics, an applied understanding of economics, and with prior experience in economic impact modeling. This individual will represent IMPLAN in our academic sales vertical. This role demands an individual with elite communication skills and the ability to successfully conduct demonstrations of the IMPLAN software to new prospects with a need for analytical solutions. The person is expected to become an effective resource for prospects and colleagues, and an outspoken advocate of procedural best practices when conducting economic impact analyses.
- Promote IMPLAN products via online demonstrations, industry tradeshow appearances, visits to client facilities, and more.
- Communicate the value proposition, applied uses, and functionality of IMPLAN products.
- Actively engage with customers to solicit ideas for new products and/or product enhancements, and then effectively communicate those finding to the product teams.
- Stay updated on current events, news, and advancements in economics-related fields and with regards to client-related topics.
- Participate in industry events to increase and improve IMPLAN’s presence throughout new and existing markets.
- Maintain ongoing dialogues with top prospects via phone, web, and in person.
- Develop a strong understanding of IMPLAN clients to identify top prospects in the future.
- Effectively and efficiently track opportunities, quotes, and client relationships using Salesforce CRM.
- Participate in planning and coordinating efforts pertinent to conference and trade show appearances.
- Provide feedback to management on opportunity statuses.
- Contribute to monthly metric meetings and establish committed deadlines for personal objectives.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with corresponding Business Development Representatives and Customer Success Managers in the assigned vertical.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate for this position has an advanced degree in Economics, is a fast learner, and has a strong passion for providing excellent customer service and professional solutions. This candidate is committed to their clients’ success by addressing their problems, accommodating their needs, and providing them with relevant and accurate solutions. This individual has a proven record of successfully building and maintaining meaningful business relationships with clients. This person is flexible, resilient, and excels in an open, fast-paced work environment. Finally, multiple efforts are often being pursued simultaneously across the team and throughout the organization, so the ideal candidate for this position also has the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize tasks while maintaining the appropriate perspective regarding larger objectives.
Required Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Self-management skills
- Active listening skills
- Detail-oriented critical thinking skills
- Ability to quickly and effectively learn and apply new software systems
- Fluency in English
Desired Skills & Experience
- Advanced degree in Economics
- Experience with input-output (I/O) modeling and social accounting matrices (SAMs)
- Experience using IMPLAN products
- Experience with Salesforce CRM, Citrix, and web meeting tools
- Foreign language skills
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume to [email protected].